Yin Yoga with Laura
- Monday, Jul 1, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Jul 8, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Jul 15, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Jul 22, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Jul 29, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Aug 5, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Aug 12, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Aug 19, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Aug 26, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Sep 2, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Sep 9, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Sep 16, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Sep 23, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Sep 30, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Oct 7, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Oct 14, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Oct 21, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Oct 28, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Nov 4, 2019 @ 6:00pm
- Monday, Nov 11, 2019 @ 6:00pm
Yin yoga is the other side of yoga. Coming from Chinese Medicine tradition, Yin yoga works with the maridian line and connective tissues of the body. This must be done differently than working muscles. Yin involves simple postures, and the use of props to support the body in a way so that the muscles can copletely relax and the bones ligaments and joints can be accessed. The challenging part of Yin is learning to be still with yourself. Students will sit with poses for 3-5 minutes. This presents the opportunity to awaken awareness to the pressent moment. Sensations arise and fall, facia opens, long held tesnions, emotions and stress are released.Yin teaches us to be with ourselves unconditionally, in a nonjudemental way and allow time and space to heal.
Single Class: $16 / 4 Classes: $55. Cash or check gently requested at the door
About Your Teacher: Laura Bepko ATC, MS, RYT-200
Laura became a Certified Athletic Trainer in 2014 after completing a BS in Athletic Training from James Madison Univerisy and went on to gain a Masters in Kinesiology from California State University, Northridge. The main focuses of her university studies were sports injury and rehabilitation, biomechanics, sport psychology. While attending school Laura worked with a wide spectrum of divison I athletes taking care of their injuries. In 2016 She completed her research creating a breathing guide for athletes to become aware of and train the respiratoy system for efficiency at rest and sport. Since then breathing has become a passion an topic Laura continues to study and lead workshops on. After graduating in 2016, Laura traveled to Peur to study yoga and recieve her 200 hour regitered yoga teacher certification. Since returning and moving to beautiful Ventura, California Laura found work in a physical therapy clinic educating patients about their injuries and how to safely and efficenetly rehabilitate their condition. She also brings yoga to patients with Parkinsons and previous strokes and enjoys working with those that believe they "can't do yoga", In her free time Laura enjoys growing her own personal practice through asana and mediation, surfing, reading, long distance minimalist running and long beach days.
ALL levels welcome!
What can I bringto the event?
We have mats for a $2 rental fee. To ensure your comfort, please feel free to bring your own. Socks encouraged.